From Civic Commons Wiki
Resources for Toronto
- FAQs of the applications
- Toronto Open Data FAQs
- DataTO, a Developer Community/Forum for Toronto data sets
Rebuilding Toronto Digital Image
- we re:Brand Rebranding Toronto's blog
- Mayor David Miller announces Toronto Innovation Showcase
- Toronto CIO looks to promote sustainable open data strategy
Best Practices for Toronto
- Toronto has two major concerns, mostly because of current copyright and privacy laws. They have to make sure they're not improperly sourcing or violating copyright laws, which takes on a different form of concern for Canadian governments, compared to US cities and states. Privacy is another key issue, as the government needs to ensure the pubic is educated on what can be released, what cannot and why.
- In working with partner cities to confront these and other data issues, Toronto, Edmonton, Vancouver and Ottawa are collaborating through a WordPress environment, to share information, set up chat sessions and brainstorm about how to integrate open data into regular processes as a regular means of doing business.
- Toronto's data portal is user-friendly and allows users to request for and comment of the datasets.