Intellectual Property Policy
From Civic Commons Wiki
- Best-Practices Language for Making Data “License-Free”
- UK Open Source & Open Data Licensing - sets Open Government License as default license for government created work, but allows government to maintain native open licenses for existing works they contribute to. The OGL is meant to be interoperable with any Creative Commons Attribution Licence and Open Data Commons Attribution License, which covers database rights and applicable copyrights.
- British Columbia (Canada) Open Government License This is similar to and may be derived from the UK Open Source & Open Data License above.
- Government use of Creative Commons
- Copyright and Patent Policies of the Commonwealth of Virginia - authorizes agencies to use Creative Commons and open source licenses for their work
- Australia's Official Gov2.0 Policy - sets Creative Commons as default license for all public information
- New Zealand Government Open Access and Licensing framework sets Creative Commons as the default license for government works